Identified Project Opportunities - Goa
Agriculture: Project Opportunities in Goa
Agriculture sector contributes one-fourth of the country’s GDP. India is the largest producer of milk, fruits, pulses, cashew nuts, coconuts and tea in world and accounts for 10 % of the world fruit production. India’s food grain production is expected to rise to 208.5 million tons by March 2006, from 204.6 million tons in 2005. Horticulture sector contributes 30 % of the agriculture GDP and accounts for 8.5 % of cultivated area. In the Global food processing industry Asia-pacific is accounting for 31.10 % of global market. India is the World’s second largest producer of food, next to China and has potential to be number one.
The major food crops in the State are rice, paddy, maize, jawar, bajra and ragi. While, main cash crops are coconut, cashew nut, arecanut, sugarcane and fruits like pineapple, mango and banana. Out of the total geographical area of 3702 sq km, the State has a rich forest cover of about 1424.46 sq km. Of this, 1224.46 sq km has been classified as Government forest (of which about 62% has been brought under Protected Areas (PA) of Wildlife Sanctuaries and National Parks) and the rest as private forests.
Indian agriculture policy is aimed essentially at improving food self sufficiency and alleviating hunger through food distribution. In India, agricultural trade policy is a part of a larger food and agriculture policy regime that seeks to maintain food self-sufficiency while providing income support to the agricultural sector and poor consumers. The salient features of the new agricultural policy are:
• Over 4 per cent annual growth rate aimed over next two decades.
• Greater private sector participation through contract farming.
• Price protection for farmers.
• National agricultural insurance scheme to be launched.
• Dismantling of restrictions on movement of agricultural commodities throughout the country.
• Rational utilisation of country's water resources for optimum use of irrigation potential.
• High priority to development of animal husbandry, poultry, dairy and aquaculture.
• Capital inflow and assured markets for crop production.
• Exemption from payment of capital gains tax on compulsory acquisition of agricultural land.
• Minimise fluctuations in commodity prices.
• Continuous monitoring of international prices.
• Plant varieties to be protected through legislation.
• Adequate and timely supply of quality inputs to farmers.
• High priority to rural electrification.
• Setting up of agro-processing units and creation of off-farm employment in rural
Fisheries and Aquaculture Sector: Project Opportunities in Goa
The 'fisheries and aquaculture sector' is recognized as the sunshine sector in Indian agriculture. It stimulates growth of number of subsidiary industries and is the source of livelihood for a large section of economically backward population, especially fishermen, of the country. Fish production in India has increased more than tenfold since its independence in 1947. According to the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, fish output in India doubled between 1990 and 2010. India has 8118 Km of marine coastline, 3827 fishing villages, and 1914 traditional fish landing centres. India's fresh water resources consists of 195,210 Km of rivers and canals, 2.9 million hectares of minor and major reservoirs, 2.4 million hectares of ponds and lakes, and about 0.8 million hectares of flood plain wetlands and water bodies. As of 2010, the marine and freshwater resources offered a combined sustainable catch fishing potential of over 4 million metric tonnes of fish.
Fishing is another traditional and important economic activity of the State. Goa, being located on the west coast of India, has a coastline extending over 100 Km and inland waterways of another 250 Km, rich in marine wealth. Prawns, the valuable foreign exchange earner, mackerels, sardines, etc. are available in plenty in Goa coast. Fish is a protein rich food. It forms a chief component in the diet of about 90% of the population of Goa. Capture fisheries of Goa (India) constitute a highly productive sector. They remain one of the major sources of valuable food and employment and a net contributor in the foreign exchange earnings. As a result of this dramatic increase some marine fish stocks have started showing the sign of over-exploitation. Many small scale units based on fisheries resources like salt curing of mackerels, fish meat, fish oils, dehydration of fishes etc. are being set up under the State. The fishing activity has also given a big boost to canning, freezing and other fish processing units in the State. A couple of fish oil extraction as well as fish meal manufacturing units can also be set up in the State by utilising the rich fisheries resources.
The Indian government announced NDSP as part of the economic reforms programme. The policy involved three schemes - leasing out of foreign fishing vessels to operate in the Indian EEZ, engaging foreign fishing vessels for test fishing and forming joint ventures between foreign companies and Indian companies on 49:51 equity basis in deep sea fishing, processing and marketing. Government of India started giving licenses to joint venture, lease and test fishing vessels.
Tourism: Project Opportunities in Goa
Tourism in India is the largest service industry, with a contribution of 6.23% to the national GDP and 8.78% of the total employment in India. Tourism has become an important industry in many countries of the world, both in the east and the west. Various initiatives are being taken by the Government and other organizations to promote tourism here. Tourism is one of the fastest growing industries in the world. The number of tourists worldwide has been registering phenomenal growth and it is expected that this number would shortly touch 1.5 billion. Tourism contributes about 11% of the world work force and 10.2% of the global gross domestic products. The dynamic growth of this industry is evident from the fact that a new job is added to this sector every 2.5 second.
Goa is one of the most preferred places of holiday in India. It may not be the state to receive maximum number of tourists in India but the state is well known to receive international tourists on a large scale, more than probably any other state in the country. Thus, it is evident that tourism is the main source of income for the state government as well as residents who rely heavily on the tourists to boost of their trade. Notably, Goa is the state with the highest GDP in India. Agonda, Candolim, Calangute and Dona Paula are some of the Goa beaches that are most inviting. However, these are not the only beaches in the state. The beaches are known to witness a massive footfall throughout the year. Besides, the churches in the state are the living reminiscent of the Portuguese rule in the state of Goa. The beautifully adorned churches are one of the major contributors that led the state earn the sobriquet of "Pearl of the Orient".
The basic Government policy would be to raise the quality of the infrastructure, which is a foundation for the sustainable growth of tourism and is crucial for accelerated benefits to the people of the state. Accordingly, Government would endeavour to provide:-
• Encouragement to existing private initiatives through an appropriate package of fiscal and friendly taxation measures.
• Investor friendly environment for new private initiatives through a combination of prompt processes and progressive fiscal and taxation policies.
• Develop tourism as a non-invasive instrument of revitalization, conservation and growth.
• A balanced tourism development as a part of the overall Area Development Strategy.
• Public infrastructural facilities including local planning and zoning arrangements.
• Entrust regulatory measures to ensure social, cultural and environmental sustainability.
• Ensure that the type and scale of tourism development is compatible with the environment and social cultural milieu of the area.
• Ensure that the local community is involved and the benefits of tourism accrue to them.
• Ensure availability of trained manpower primarily from amongst the local pollution.
• Undertake research, prepare Master Plans, formulate marketing strategies and organize domestic and overseas promotion and marketing jointly with the industry.
• Ensure Regulation of Indigenous Tourism related Health Care System.
• Measures to ensure promotion, facilitation and regulation of Tourist Trade.
Mineral and Mining: Project Opportunities in Goa
A mineral is a naturally occurring solid chemical substance formed through biogeochemical processes, having characteristic chemical composition, highly ordered atomic structure, and specific physical properties. Common rocks are often made up of crystals of several kinds of minerals. There are some substances, like opal, which have the appearance of a mineral but lack any definite internal structure, are sometimes called "mineraloids". The minerals produced in India constitute one-quarter of the world's most popular mineral resources.
The State of Goa is a tiny emerald land on the west coast of the Indian Peninsula. The rich and varied mineral resources of the State have contributed handsomely towards the development and industrialization of the State. The State of Goa has an important position in the Mineral Map of the Country. The production of iron ore accounts to about 13% of the iron ore production in India and its exports accounts to about 35% of the Country exports. The State of Goa is endowed with Mineral Resources. Iron ore, Manganese ore, Bauxite are minerals of economic importance. Besides there are minor minerals like Basalt, Laterite stones and rubbles, River sand, Murrum etc., which are in great demand as construction material. This industry is labour intensive and provides work to large number of people. The Bauxite Mines are situated in South Goa over an area of 1263.678 Ha. with estimated reserves of 70 million tons. These are metallurgical grade bauxite which can also be used for various applications such as cement, alumina chemicals, etc.
Strategy for mineral development and exploitation:
• Notification for re-grant of mineral concessions.
• Sustainable Development
• Mine Rehabilitation
• Simplification of Procedure
• Environmental and ecological balance.
• Development of Infrastructure Facilities
• Financial Assistance
• Value Addition and Upgradation of Minerals
• Information Dissemination
• Foreign Capital Investment
Waste Management and Recycling: Project Opportunities in Goa
Waste utilization, recycling and reuse plays a major role in limiting resource consumption and the environmental impact of waste. Recycling is an integral part of any waste management system as it represents a key utilization alternative to reuse and energy recovery (Waste-to-Energy). Which option is ultimately chosen depends on the quality, purity and the market situation. Hazardous waste management is a new concept for most of the Asian countries including India. The lack of technical and financial resources and the regulatory control for the management of hazardous wastes in the past had led to the unscientific disposal of hazardous wastes in India, which posed serious risks to human, animal and plant life.
Goa produces around 300 tonnes of garbage, but with municipal bodies. The proliferation of plastic wastes in the urban and village environments of Goa, and the abysmally hopeless and inadequate arrangements of municipalities and authorities for the disposal of this plastic litter, are subjects which many environment NGOs and citizens have expressed anguish over right from the inception of the Goa Environment Federation (GEF). Goa receives around 2 million of domestic and international tourists per year. A tourist produces an average of 1kg of waste a day. If we calculate the waste therefore, generated by the tourism industry in Goa the figures are shocking and huge. This waste is leading to a loss of biodiversity which is linked to human activities and loss of landscape attractiveness affect a number of tourist destinations. Though a few civic bodies, including CCP, have initiated solid waste management programmes, the problem is also in coping with the huge outflow of non-biodegradable waste from tourism industry, shops and establishments and plastic-oriented packaging in a consumerist society. Around 2,000 composting units to treat wet waste have been set up at various levels, including individuals and housing colonies.
National policy on waste management is set out in the October 1998 policy statement on waste management - Changing our Ways. It outlines the Government's policy objectives in relation to waste management, and suggests some key issues and considerations that must be addressed to achieve these objectives. The policy is firmly grounded in an internationally recognised hierarchy of options, namely prevention, minimisation, reuse/recycling, and the environmentally sustainable disposal of waste which cannot be prevented or recovered.
We can provide you detailed project reports on the following topics. Please select the projects of your interests.
Each detailed project reports cover all the aspects of business, from analysing the market, confirming availability of various necessities such as plant & machinery, raw materials to forecasting the financial requirements. The scope of the report includes assessing market potential, negotiating with collaborators, investment decision making, corporate diversification planning etc. in a very planned manner by formulating detailed manufacturing techniques and forecasting financial aspects by estimating the cost of raw material, formulating the cash flow statement, projecting the balance sheet etc.
We also offer self-contained Pre-Investment and Pre-Feasibility Studies, Market Surveys and Studies, Preparation of Techno-Economic Feasibility Reports, Identification and Selection of Plant and Machinery, Manufacturing Process and or Equipment required, General Guidance, Technical and Commercial Counseling for setting up new industrial projects on the following topics.
Many of the engineers, project consultant & industrial consultancy firms in India and worldwide use our project reports as one of the input in doing their analysis.
We can modify the project capacity and
project cost as per your requirement.
We can also prepare project report on any subject as per your requirement.
Products & Services
Search Project Report & Profiles
- Abrasive, Asbestos, Cement, Refractory Products
- Activated carbon, Granular Activated Carbon (GAC), Activa...
- Adhesives, Industrial Adhesive, Sealants, Glues, Gums, Bi...
- Alcoholic and Non Alcoholic Beverages, Drinks
- Alternate technologies available for toxin free Pan Masal...
- Aluminium and Aluminium Extrusion Profiles & Sections, Al...
- Bakery & Confectionery: Bakery Products, Confectionery Pr...
- Bakery, Food, Wine, Distillery, Beer, Liquor, Agro Based ...
- Banana Products: Banana Flavour, Banana Puree, Banana Bas...
- Beer and Wine
- Biotechnology, Bio-Technology, Industrial Biotechnology, ...
- Cashew Products
- Ceramic and Ceramic Products, Industrial Ceramic Products...
- Cereal Processing (Rice, Dal, Pulses, Wheat), Sugar
- Chemicals (Organic, Inorganic, Industrial)
- Chemicals, Biotechnology, Enzymes, Bio Fertilizer, Vermic...
- Coal and Coal by Products, Coal Tar, Coal & Coke, Fossil ...
- Coconut and Coconut Products, Coconut Oil, Desiccated Coc...
- Cold Chain, Temperature Controlled Supply Chain
- Cold Storage, Food & Fruits Storage, Refrigerated Warehou...
- Computer Products and Information Technology (IT) Based
- Construction & Building Materials
- Construction Chemicals
- Copper and Copper Products
- Cosmetics, Perfumery Compounds, Flavours & Essential Oils...
- Date Fruit Processing and Products
- Disinfectants, Pesticides, Insecticides, Mosquito Repelle...
- Disposable Products
- Dye and Pigment Intermediates, Acid Dyes, Basic Dyes, Dye...
- Eco Friendly, Recyclable and Biodegradable Products
- Edible Oils
- Edible Oils, Non Edible Oils, Fats, Vegetable Fats and Oi...
- Educational Institutes, Projects, School, Engineering, Me...
- Electrical, Electronic Industries and Power Projects
- Electroplating, Metal Polishing, Anodizing, Phosphating M...
- Engineering Goods
- Essential Oils, Phytochemicals, Aromatic Chemicals, Aroma...
- Export Oriented Units, Projects (100% EOU)
- Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG)
- Ferro Alloys,Ferroalloys,Manganese Alloys(Ferro Manganese...
- Ferrous and Non-Ferrous Metals
- Fertilizers, Fertilisers, Inorganic Fertilizers (Mineral ...
- Fisheries and Aquaculture, Aquaculture, Fish and Marine P...
- Food Processing and Agriculture Based Projects, Snack Foo...
- Fruits and Vegetables Processing, Dehydration, Canning & ...
- Fuels (Alcohol fuel, Alternative fuels, Biomass, Biofuel,...
- Ginger Cultivation, Ginger Processing and Ginger Products
- Glass, Flat Glass, Art Glass, Hollow Glass, Automotive G...
- Health Care Projects
- Herbs and Herbal Based Products, Ayurvedic Medicines, Cos...
- Highly Demandable Medicinal Plants
- Hospital, Specialized (Super Speciality) Hospitals, Healt...
- Hotel and Hospitality Projects
- Hygiene products
- Identified Project Opportunities - Andhra Pradesh
- Identified Project Opportunities - Assam
- Identified Project Opportunities - Bihar
- Identified Project Opportunities - Chhattisgarh
- Identified Project Opportunities - Goa
- Identified Project Opportunities - Gujarat
- Identified Project Opportunities - Haryana
- Identified Project Opportunities - Himachal Pradesh
- Identified Project Opportunities - Jharkhand
- Identified Project Opportunities - Karnataka
- Identified Project Opportunities - Kerala
- Identified Project Opportunities - Madhya Pradesh
- Identified Project Opportunities - Maharashtra
- Identified Project Opportunities - Orissa
- Identified Project Opportunities - Punjab
- Identified Project Opportunities - Rajasthan
- Identified Project Opportunities - Tamil Nadu
- Identified Project Opportunities - Uttar Pradesh
- Identified Project Opportunities - Uttarakhand
- Identified Project Opportunities - West Bengal
- Identified Project Opportunities : Jammu & Kashmir
- Import Substitute Products
- Industrial Gases
- Infrastructure projects
- Inks, Lithographic Inks, Gravure Inks, Flexographic Inks,...
- Investment Opportunities
- Jute and Jute Based Project, Oil, Coir, Shopping Bags
- Leather, Leather Goods and Leather Tanning, Finished Leat...
- Leisure & Entertainment
- Livestock Farming, Development (Cow, Sheep, Pig, Goat, Bu...
- Maize, Corn and its Bye Products, Glucose, Starch, Dextrose
- Maize, Corn and Its Products, Starch, Glucose, Oil
- Material Handling Equipments, Belt Conveyors, Conveyor Id...
- Meat, Chicken, Egg, Pork, Fish Processing
- Mechanical, Engineering, Automobile Industries, Metal, Me...
- Medical Disposable Products
- Milk & Dairy Products, Butter, Cheese, Milk, Ghee, Ice Cr...
- Minerals, Marble, Granite, Gypsum, Quartz, Talc, Mica
- Mining, Quarrying, Mineral and Ore Processing, Coal, Iron...
- Miscellaneous Products, Projects
- Mosquito, Insects repellent mat, mosquito repellent liqui...
- New Projects
- ONION AND ONION PRODUCTS
- Packaging Industry, Beverage Can, Bottles, Blister Packs,...
- Packaging, Holograms, Printing, Publishing, Screen Printi...
- Paints, Pigments, Enamels, Varnishes, Solvents, Thinners,...
- Paper Industry, Paper & Paper Board, Paper & Allied Produ...
- Petroleum and Petroleum Products, Refining, Greases, Lube...
- Pharmaceutical, Drugs, Fine Chemicals, Bulk Drug Intermed...
- Pipes and Tubes
- Plantation Agro Based, Agriculture, Farming, Cultivation,...
- Plastics, Polymers and Resins, Polypropylene (PP), Polyst...
- Potato Processing, Potato Based Products, Potato Chips & ...
- Power Project, Power Generation Plants, Hydroelectric Pow...
- Power, Energy generation, Distribution, Production and re...
- Printing Projects, Technology, Flexography, Foil Stamping...
- Product Overview
- Renewable Energy, Non-conventional Energy, Solar Energy, ...
- Rice Husk, Rice Hull, Rice Husk Ash (Agricultural waste) ...
- Rubber & Plastic Industries, FRP Products, Polymers, PET,...
- Rubber and Rubber Products, Rubber based Industries, Natu...
- Service Industries, Education Projects ( Hospital, Amusem...
- Soap, Detergents, Cleaning Powder, Washing and Toilet Soa...
- Stationery, Stationery Products, Pens, Pencils, Ink Pads...
- Steel and Steel Products, Iron and Steel, Ferrous Metals ...
- TAMARIND AND TAMARIND BASED PRODUCTS (Tamarind Juice Conc...
- Textile & Textile Auxiliaries, Hosiery, Spinning, Jeans, ...
- TEXTILE BLEACHING, DYEING, PRINTING AND FINISHING, TEXTIL...
- Tobacco, Pan Masala, Khaini, Gutkha, Supari, Zarda, Mouth...
- Tomato Products: Tomato Juice, Tomato Puree, Tomato Ketch...
- Township, Residential Complex, Shopping Arcade, Cinema Ha...
- Trade, Commodities, International trade, Wholesaling, Ret...
- Transformer, Distribution Transformer, Electrical Transfo...
- Waste Management and Recycling, Industrial Waste Manageme...
- Water Industry (Distilled water, Packaged Drinking water,...
- Wax and Polishes, Wax, Bee Wax, Shoe Polish Wax, Paraffi...
- Wire & Cable
- Wire and wire products
- Wood and Wood Products, Plywood, Board, Particle Board, W...