Infrastructure Industry in India have been experiencing a rapid growth in its different sectors with the development of urbanization and increasing involvement of foreign investments in this field. The Indian government has taken initiatives to develop the infrastructure sector, with major emphasis on construction, engineering, IT, entertainment, textiles, food, and utility to name some. Construction is the second largest economic activity in India after agriculture, and has been growing rapidly. The production of industrial machinery has also been on the rise and the increasing flow of goods has spurred increases in rail, road and port traffic, necessitating further infrastructure improvements. Roads are a necessary complement to other modes of transport. They are in fact feeders to railways and even airways. Infrastructure development is of two types: demand driven or supply driven. Demand driven infrastructure is a must for development whereas supply driven infrastructure is one which is desirable but not a must. Government has facilitated free dispensaries, hospitals and primary health centres PHCs near and on all localities. Holiday resort business is very flourishing business these days not in India only but it has brilliant prospects in foreign countries. The growth of the tourists visiting India is invariably linked up with structure of facility, the number of scenes and historic places and the general condition in the host country. Hence luxury hotels, restaurants and holiday resorts, sauna steam bath and massage parlours, golf courses and swimming pool in a hotel or holiday resort is some of the many requirements to set up a complete set for attracting tourists. Amusement park is the most popular entertaining place with the latest technological development, which provides comfort, pleasure and of course amusement. School is one of the most important social infrastructures which provide education to the children. Educational institute is the purest place on earth and it seems to be like a temple where every future program of the countries is developed.
The first book of its kind containing various aspects of infrastructure projects along with different project profiles such as hospital, power project (hydro based), power generation from agriculture wastes (heat energy technology), multi stories commercial complex with residential apartments, hotel (5 star), water park, air taxi, school, medical college, engineering college, amusement park, power project(gas based) etc.. With details of plant, Machinery, Raw Material and Addresses of their suppliers, land & building, requirement, working capital requirements, cost of project, profitability analysis, B. E. P. etc.
1. An Introspection on Some Aspects of Infrastructure
2. New Initiatives in Infrastructure Sector
3. Towards Better Infrastructural Facilities
4. Productivity in Infrastructure
5. Indian Economic Scene
7. Holiday Resort
8. Power Plant Hydro Based (Cap. 1 MW)
9. Power Generating Unit from Agricultural Waste (Heat Energy-Based Technology)
10. Wind Energy Power Project (Cap. : 10 MW)
11. Diesel generating Sets (20 kVA to 200 kVA)
12. Multi-Storey Commercial Complex Along with Residential and Deluxe Flats for Foreign Tourists and Revolving Restaurant on the Top
13. Hotel Industry (Five Star)
14. Water Park
15. Air Taxi (12 Seater) (On Rental Basis Two Air Crafts)
17. Medical College
18. Engineering College
19. Amusement Park
20. Gas Based Power Project (600 M.W.)
(Following is an extract of the content from the book)
There is great need of engineering college in India for the development of the country and to give the better opportunity to the general merit. But in our country reservation system will not cover the merit of the general students as well as not application of technology by developed technology. Now a days highering of technology and running of administration is the main tool of the Indian's industry.
The economic progress of a country is strongly linked with the quality of education. It is, therefore, necessary for our technical educators to undertake periodic review of the curriculum and subject content of the technical programmes to ensure that they are up to date, not outmoded or obsolete and effectively fulfil the technological requirements of the country.
During the past three decades, many steps have been taken in India to improve the quality of technical education. These include evolution of model syllabi, quality improvement programmes for teachers, encouraging interaction with industry through consultancy and continuing education programmes and providing impetus for expanding infrastructural facilities in emerging technologies.
For economic growth and prosperity, the need is to produce highly professional and competent engineers. This could be achieved by imparting quality teaching to students. Towards this, some norms and standards of engineering education need to be laid down so as to educate the students with appropriate skills suitable for a rapidly changing industrial scenario.
USEFULNESS OF ENGINEERING COLLEGE
It is useful for
- advancement of the country;
- the development of available merit of the students; and
- the development of new technology in the country.
CHARACTERISTICS OF ENGINEERING COLLEGE
- consist of higher technically sound staff;
- collect the world's best technology and resource data;
- have good technical library and workshop; and
- have technical programme for the students.
RECOMMENDATION AND GRANT AIDS
Before starting an engineering college, it is required to take permission from the state government's education department and as well as from Central government educational department. It is required to take permission from University Grants Commission for getting central government fund facility.
SET-UP OF ENGINEERING COLLEGE
For setting up engineering college it's basic needs is to collect funds by donation and by different government aids and from different generous persons.
It is required to purchase land of about 100 bighas or more. After procurement of land it is necessary to make planning of the civil construction of building and initial start of branch of engineering like Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Electronics Engineering etc. According to branch of engineering building construction will be on that basic.
Above all every branch of engineering college should contist of :
- theoretical class room;
- practical class room;
- drawing room;
- administrative buildings;
- university alumni hall; and
- hostels for students which is not essential for engineering college.
Before starting engineering college, it is necessary to make up a governing body who is actually associated with the set up of engineering college. Now governing body then sets up administrative bodies who will involve in running the engineering college.
NORMS OF ENGINEERING COLLEGE
|Annual Intake||360 Students||300 Students||240 Students||180 Students|
|Programmes ||6 Programmes||5 Programmes||4 Programmes||3 Programmes|
|in Engg. & Tech||in Eng. & Tech. ||in Eng. & Tech.||in Eng. & Tech.|
|(Carpet Area)||(Carpet Area) ||(Carpet Area) ||(Carpet Area) |
|Area||755 Sqm.||670 Sqm.||585 Sqm. ||500 Sqm.|
|Academic Area||11236 Sqm.||9890 Sqm. ||8366 Sqm.||7020 Sqm.|
|Residential Area||12316 Sqm.||10315 Sqm. ||8350 Sqm.||6593 Sqm.|
|660 Sqm.||600 Sqm. ||540 Sqm. ||480 Sqm.|
|Ammenities Area||Play Ground||Play Ground||Play Ground||Play Ground|
|OHT = ] Open Air || |
|Total Carpet Area||25000 Sqm.||21475 Sqm.||17840 Sqm.||14500 Sqm.|
|Total Plinth Area||34775 Sqm.||29840 Sqm||24750 Sqm.||20025 Sqm.|
|Play Ground||25000 Sqm.||25000 Sqm. ||25000 Sqm.||25000 Sqm.|
|Open Air Theatre||4000 Sqm.||4000 Sqm. ||4000 Sqm.||4000 Sqm.|
|1. ||Single storeyed||98550 Sqm. ||88680 Sqm.||78500 Sqm.||69050 Sqm.|
|Building with Playground & OHT||24.6 Acres||22.2 Acres||19.6 Acres||17.3 Acres |
|2.||Single storeyed||69550 Sqm. ||59680 Sqm.||49500 Sqm.||40150 Sqm. |
|Building without Playground & OHT||17.4 Acres||14.9 Acres||12.4 Acres||10 Acres|
|3.||Tripple storeyed||23190 Sqm. ||19990 Sqm.||16500 Sqm.||13390 Sqm. |
|Building without Playground & Open Air Theatre#||5.8 Acres||5 Acres||4.1 Acres ||3.4 Acres|
# IN METRO-CITIES WITHOUT PLAYGROUND AND OPEN AIR THEATRE
- Programme objectives
- Contact hours (credits/units)
- Course duration
- Programme structure
- Intake to programmes
- Admission qualifications and selection procedure
- Staff norms
- Emerging areas
- Multi-use of facilities
- Alumni Association
- Infrastructure norms
MARKET SURVEY/DEMAND OF ENGINEERING COLLEGE
If we consider employment available versus Engineer, there is no vacant space among the engineers coming out from the existing engineering college. Now-a-days major engineers work as an engineer.
SOME EXISING ENGINEERING COLLEGES
M/S. Jadavpur Engineering
College and Technology
P.O. - Jadavpur,
Calcutta - 32
M/S. Kharagpur I.I.T.
P.O. I.I.T. Kharagpur
Dist. - Midnapore
State - West Bengal
M/S. Delhi I.I.T.
P.O. Hauz Khas,
Rated Plant capacity = 60 STUDENTS IN EACH BRANCH
SESSION JULY TO JUNE IN YEAR
LAND AND BUILDING
|1. ||Land Required 25 Acres||Rs.|| 1,00,00,000.00|
LIST OF PLANT AND MACHINERY
- For electrical lab and practical room
- For civil laboratory and practical room
- For chemical laboratory and practical room
- For electronics and tele-communication
- Mechanical laboratory and practical room
- Drawing instrument
- Misc. instrumental expenses
TOTAL Rs. 26,15,00,000.00
|1. ||LAND AND BUILDING||Rs. ||12,25,00,000.01|
|2.||PLANT AND MACHINERY||Rs. ||26,15,00,000.00|
|3. ||OTHER FIXED ASSETS||Rs. ||69,00,000.00|
LIST OF RAW MATERIALS
Purchasing bias and note book register etc.
Purchasing duster, chalk, refill etc.
Purchasing paper, letter pads, certificate book etc.
Purchasing chemicals, machine spare parts etc.
Purchasing books/journals etc.
Misc. other expenses
TOTAL Rs. 4,00,000.00
TOTAL WORKING CAPITAL/MONTH
|1. ||RAW MATERIAL||Rs.||4,00,000.00 |
|2.||SALARY AND WAGES||Rs.|| 9,55,000.00|
|3.||UTILITIES AND OVERHEADS||Rs. ||4,30,000.00|
TOTAL CAPITAL INVESTMENT
|TOTAL FIXED CAPITAL||Rs.||39,09,00,000.01 |
|TOTAL WORKING CAPITAL FOR 3 MONTHS||Rs. ||53,55,000.00|
- EARNING SOURCES : Students Fees 300 x 12 = 3600
- Government Aids
- Consultancy Earning
- Interest on fixed initial fund
TOTAL Rs. 13, 59,40,000.00
PROFIT = RECEIPTS- COST OF PRODUCTION
= 13,59,40,000.00 - 13,33,89,575.00
PROFIT SALES RATIO = Profit / Sales x 100 = 1.88 %
RATE OF RETURN = Operating profit / T.C.I x 100 = 0.64 %
BREAK EVEN POINT (B.E.P) = 97.90 %
blog comments powered by
Warning: fopen(../cache/cache_3ef455fef447e82a4357bdbd9b987020): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/comniirc/public_html/pob/base.pob.php on line 1201
Please Sign In to post reviews and comments about this product.
About NIIR PROJECT CONSULTANCY SERVICES
NIIR PROJECT CONSULTANCY SERVICES
(NPCS) is a reliable name in the industrial world for offering
integrated technical consultancy services. Its various services are:
Pre-feasibility study, New Project Identification, Project Feasibility and Market
Study, Identification of Profitable Industrial Project Opportunities,
Preparation of Project Profiles and Pre-Investment and Pre-Feasibility Studies,
Market Surveys and Studies, Preparation of Techno-Economic Feasibility Reports,
Identification and Selection of Plant and Machinery, Manufacturing Process and
or Equipment required, General Guidance, Technical and Commercial Counseling for
setting up new industrial projects and industry.
NPCS also publishes varies technology books, directory,
databases, detailed project reports, market survey reports on various industries
and profit making business. Besides being used by manufacturers, industrialists
and entrepreneurs, our publications are also used by Indian and overseas
professionals including project engineers, information services bureau,
consultants and consultancy firms as one of the input in their research.
- Adhesives, Chemical, Drugs, Gums, Insecticides, Jute, Pe ...
- Agriculture, Agro Based, Bakery, Wood, Ice cream, Chocol ...
- Agrochemicals, Pesticides, Insecticides, Fungicides, Her ...
- Alcohol and Alcohol based Industries, Alcoholic and Non ...
- All India Companies, Industries, Business houses, Corpor ...
- Automobile Industry, Automotive Components & Allied ...
- Bakery, Confectionery, Ice Cream, Chocolate and Cocoa ma ...
- Biofertilizer, Biofertiliser,Biogas, Organic Farming, Ve ...
- Biotechnology, Nanoscience, Nanotechnology, Enzymes, Foo ...
- Cereal Food
- Chemical Technology and Emulsifiers
- Construction Materials, Bricks, Cement and Asbestos, Rar ...
- Cosmetics and Beauty Products (Ayurvedic, Herbal
- Cultivation, Utilization and Processing Of Fruits, Veget ...
- Database, Directory of Small and Medium Enterprises (SME)
- Databases, Directory, Companies List,Project Report on C ...
- Directory, Database Agriculture (Agro) Companies, Edibl ...
- Directory, Database America, China, Korea, Singapore, M ...
- Directory, Database Education- Colleges, Institutions, ...
- Directory, Database India Individuals Company Executive ...
- Directory, Database India Professionals,Architects,Inte ...
- Directory, Database IT Companies, BPO, Call Center, Tel ...
- Directory, Database Medical- All India Doctors, Pharmac ...
- Directory, Database MNC s Companies in India, Top 1000 ...
- Directory, Database NRIs (Non Resident Indians)
- Directory, Database Plastic, Chemical Industries in Ind ...
- Directory, Database Punjab, Gujarat Companies, Maharash ...
- Disposable Products (Medical, Surgical, Thermocol, Plast ...
- Dyes and Dye Intermediates, Textile Dyes & Pigments, ...
- Dyes, Electronic Products, Electroplating, Metal Treatme ...
- Electroplating, Anodizing , Metal Treatment, Powder Coat ...
- Environmentally friendly , eco-friendly Products, Natura ...
- Essential Oils, Aromatic Chemicals
- Export Guildelines, Exporters and Importers
- Food Colours,Colors, Flavours,Flavors and Additives
- Food Processing, Processed Food and Agriculture Based Pr ...
- Formulary, Formulation, Formulas Handbook
- Guildelines, Facilities and Procedures for Entrepreneurs ...
- Gums, Adhesives & Sealants Technology (With Formulae)
- Herbal Food, Drugs, Medicines, Ayurvedic and Unani Medicines
- Herbal Products, Aromatic Plant Cultivation, Processing, ...
- Herbs Cultivation, Medicinal, Aromatic Plants cultivatio ...
- Infrastructure, Hospitality, Medical, Entertainment, War ...
- International, World, Foreign Buyers, Importers & Ex ...
- Investment Opportunities In India, Identified Projects ...
- Laghu, Kutir, Griha Udyog, Gharelu Udyog Pariyojanayen , ...
- Market Research Reports, India and Global Industry Analy ...
- Meat, Poultry, Fish Processing, Fisheries and Aquaculture
- Milk Processing, Dairy & Dairy Products, Poultry Ind ...
- New Delhi, Delhi, NCR (Faridabad, Gurgaon, Haryana, NOID ...
- Oils and Fats
- Packaging,Metal Container, Tin, Corrugated Box, Paper, F ...
- Paints, Varnishes, Lacquers, Spirit Varnishes and Surfac ...
- Paper and Pulp Technology
- Perfumes, Flavours, Flavors, Aromatic Chemicals and Esse ...
- Petroleum, Greases, Lubricants, Petro Chemicals, Wax, Po ...
- Pharmaceutical, Drugs, Proteins Technology Handbooks
- Plastics and Polymers,Polyester Fibers, Pet & Prefor ...
- Pollution Control, Water and Air Effluents Treatment
- Printing Technology
- Products From Waste, Automobile, Leisure, Entertainment, ...
- Project Profiles, Entrepreneurship, Export, Fashion, Pro ...
- Project Report, Profile on Food, Packaging, Adhesives, R ...
- Rubber Processing, Compounding, Rubber Chemicals and Lea ...
- Small Scale Industries, SSI, Cottage, Home Businesses, ...
- Soaps, Detergents, Acid Slurry, Cleaners, Toiletries, Wa ...
- Spices and Condiments
- Steel, Iron, Ferrous, Non-Ferrous Metals with Casting an ...
- Synthetic Resins, Oleoresins and Pine Chemicals
- Synthetic Resins, Surface Coating, Paints, Varnishes &am ...
- Tall Oil Rosin
- Textile Spinning, Processing, Natural Fibers, Natural Dy ...
- Waste Management and Recycling